Friendship, Love and Jesus

What life is all about

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Folsom Medical Center - Henrietta NY

I'm changing doctors. I haven't been happy with Folsom for a while. There is always a horribly long wait every time I call, and they've very abrasive and just plain rude when I go in there. So, I called yesterday afternoon to get the results of my Ultrasound and blood work, the conversation with the nurse went something like this

me : "hello, this is Melissa Blonsky, i'm calling for my test results"
her: "Why are you calling, I sent you a letter today explaining everything"
me: "um, my stomach really hurts, and I am not sure what to do"
her: "well, your tests came back, there's nothing wrong with you. You shouldn't come in, it would just waste your time and ours"

Seriously?! Your going to treat someone in a lot of pain like that? I mean come on. Your in a doctors office, I'm sorry if you get yelled at by other patients all day long, but that's not me. I don't yell. I'm generally really nice on the phone, even if i don't feel like being. Because I've had over 4 years of call center experience now. Its NOT fun to be on the receiving end of the screaming.

I switched doctors this morning. I'm now going to Dr Chodroff on Westfall road. I called each office for the suggestions you guys gave me this morning, but no one was accepting new patients. But luckily she was. I called 7 places before I found one.

But, folsom medical center, is awful. I'm so glad to be mostly free of that place, and i'm going to file a complaint with someone, somehow. I'm not sure who to call or what the process is, but they shouldn't be treating people that way!

2 comments:

Jason said...

How do you like your new doctor?

Melissa said...

I actually haven't been yet, I go next Tuesday. Hopefully I'll like her better! And hopefully she can figure out whats wrong with my stomach!

Labels